When you are just a beginner on something, it takes you some time to fully understand, and master the process of it.
It takes you some time to be comfortable with it, deal with it, and fully use it.
Instagram is one of the things which is not learned fast. It can be a little complicated, in means of content creation, gaining followers, advertising specific thing on it, or whatnot..
Related: Photo Editors I use for Aesthetic Instagram
That is why today, I’m gonna be sharing with you the Important Things every Instagram Beginners must know :
📌 Use a clear and interesting Profile Picture
– This is one of the most important things every Instagram user must practice. When you use clear and interesting profile picture, then people will basically be interested, they will click your account to check your content. Through your profile picture, you already give hint that they must follow you because you create good content.
You wanna make sure that your picture really shows your face, so it must be not a whole body picture. Maybe half body picture, or a creative selfie.
📌 Experiment with username
– your username must be interesting as well. you can be more creative with it, add a word which will give the audience an idea about your niche.
📌 Follow people of the same niche
– Instagram following is really important. It builds what you see on your news feed everytime you open your account. Be sure with your niche, and follow users who categorizes themselves under the same niche too. Following like-minded people can help you build your own content, because you might as well get inspirations from their posts. Gaining followers can also become faster and easier since they will know that you have the same interests as theirs.
Related: How does instagram help me improve myself, and how it can help you too?
📌 Create uniform content
– creating uniform content doesn’t mean you have to post the same pictures with same subjects on your account forever. It means making your feed cohesive and well-organized. You might just wanna use one filter and edit the lightning of the pictures depending on their quality. Using one filter makes your feed visually pleasing, therefore calls the attention of other users. I recommend VSCO if you want bright filters, and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom if you want distinct filters.
Related: How to achieve elegant Instagram photos // Tips To maintain Color Palette
📌 Put Description on bio
– putting description on bio is just as important as putting a profile picture. Your bio must define your account, or you as the owner of the account. If you’re a blogger, photographer, writer, et cetera, you should put that on your bio so people will know your category, and therefore engage on your account if they are under the same category too.
– if you also have website, youtube, or other socials, you can link that on the bio. In that case, you are already using Instagram to advertise.
📌 Use hashtags related on posts or captions
– using hashtags is really crucial in gaining engagement. When you post without hashtag, only your followers see it, but when you post with hashtags, even your non-followers can also have the chance to see your post as long as they follow the hashtag. Remember, you can use maximum of 30 hashtags per post.
– you can also follow hashtags you’re interested with, if you want to discover more Instagram accounts.
📌 Post on Story
– posting on story notifies your followers that you’re active. So maximize the use of Instastory feature because it can bring you engagement. The more you add, the more your icon is pushed on your followers news feed, it will make them check it and interact with your account.
– make sure that your stories are helpful and for a purpose. It should still be related with you or with your followers interests.
– Interacting with other users is crucial. Like posts, comment on them, view their stories. When you engage with their content, they are most likely to bring it back to you. So as they grow, you too grow.
📌 Your name must be searchable
-There’s difference between username and profile name. Username is what people see on your post, on your stories. While, profile name, is what people see when they come across your account/ profile, or specifically, whole feed. It’s the name displayed under your profile picture, the one which is in top of bio section.
In making a profile name, you must make it searchable. When I say searchable, it means there should be key word/s. Examples are ‘blogger, youtuber, Photographer’.
I’ll give my profile name as an example : Mark Anthony || Blogger/Writer
When people type such keywords on search, your profile will appear. For example, someone search ‘Blogger’, my profile will surely be there because it does contain the key word ‘Blogger’.
📌 Be creative and always bring your phone with you.
– Creating content is one of the most exciting thing about Instagram, and it’s really the key to stand out despite of the Instagram’s ever-changing algorithm.
– sometimes, subjects can be so random, and you sure don’t wanna lose the chance to capture that. Bringing your phone with you, is one thing I’ve learned through the process of my instagram game. Make sure to always have your camera in your pocket, so you waste no moment you can put up on your feed.
Do you love Instagram? What’s your key to fight the ever-changing algorithm? Learned something new?
Instagram // Twitter // Tumblr // YouTube // Pinterest
Get your Thony Space Freebies here!
Need graphics/banner for your blog/Youtube? Visit zoe-ware.com to shop designing essentials and more.